188B Business Investor Stream
Who is this Visa For?
This provisional visa is for people with business ownership and skills or investment skills, invest at least AU$ 2.5 million in the complying significant investment in Australia. This visa provide a permanent residence (888 Visa) pathway to the holder of visa.
- less than 55 years of age or is proposing to establish or participate in business or investment activity which is of exceptional economic benefit to the State or Territory ;
- have overall successful record of business or investment activity;
- have at least 3 years’ experience managing one or more businesses or investments;
- have demonstrated a high level of management skill in relation to the investment or business activity;
- For at least 1 of 5 fiscal years immediately before the time of invitation,
- direct involvement in managing a business and you and/or your spouse had an ownership interest of at least 10% of the total value of the business or;
- maintained direct involvement in managing investments of your and/or spouse’s investment of the total net value of at least AUD1.5 million;
- have adequate personal and/or business net assets of at least AUD2.5 million in the 2 fiscal years immediately before the time of invitation;
- make a designated investment of at least AUD2.5 million in the complying significant investment[Note1] for the life of your provisional visa; AND
- score at least 65 points on the point test.
- at least AUD500,000 in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies;
- at least AUD750,000 in approved managed funds. The managed funds must invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange;
- a ‘balancing investment’ of at least AUD1.25 million in managed funds.
- The investment using for meeting the investment ownership and managing skill must be an Eligible Investment.
- Eligible Investment means if a person owns it for the purpose of producing a return in the form of income or capital gain, and not for personal use:
- an ownership interest in a business;
- cash on deposit;
- stocks or bonds;
- real estate;
- gold or silver bullion.
- The business/businesses using for meeting the business ownership and managing skill must be a qualified business. Qualifying business means an enterprise that:
- is operated for the purpose of making profit through the provision of goods, services or goods and services (other than the provision of rental property) to the public; and
- is not operated primarily or substantially for the purpose of speculative or passive investment.