Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
Who is this Visa for?
This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa programme
This visa allows application to be made under one of the following streams:
Temporary Residence Transition Stream
It is for the subclass 482 TSS visa holder who have worked for three years in the medium-term stream occupation or the subclass 457 visa holders whose visa was granted before or on 18 April 2017 who have worked for two years, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
Direct Entry Stream
Criteria for prospective 186 Applicants
These are the criteria that the prospective 186 applicants must meet
- have been nominated by an Australian employer and this nomination has been approved within the six months before the applicants apply
- are under the age of 45 at the time of application
- at the time of application, have the required skills and qualifications for the position you have been nominated for – including holding (or being eligible for) any mandatory registration, licence or professional membership
- at the time of lodgement, have competent English level
- meet health and character requirements
- meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply.
Exemptions There are exemptions applicable to age, skill and English requirements