Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS)
Who is this Visa for?
This visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in genuinely skilled workers where they cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.
The TSS visa programme comprises a Short-Term stream and a Medium-Term stream, the visa holder can stay from one year to four years depending on the nominated occupation, the visa stream and if the applicant’ country has international Trade Obligation with Australia.
Criteria for TSS Sponsors and Applicants
These are the criteria that the prospective TSS applicants and businesses must meet
- have been nominated for a position by an approved sponsor and that nomination has been approved
- meet any required skills and qualifications requirements including completing any skills assessments required
- meet English language requirement:
- Short-Term Stream Applicant: IELTS overall band score of at least 5.0 with a score of at least 4.5 in each of the test components or the equivalent English score in other acceptable English tests.
- Medium-Term Stream Applicant: IELTS overall band score of at least 5.0 with a score of at least 5 in each of the test components or the equivalent English score in other acceptable English tests.
- *The required result is achieved in a single attempt at the test.
- have two years’ relevant full-time work experiences
- must provide evidence that you have the necessary skills, qualifications and employment background to perform the nominated occupation
- will be working directly for the sponsor or for an associated entity of the sponsor, unless the nominated occupation is exempt from this requirement
- meet Genuine Temporary Entry requirements if apply for Short Stream
- meet health and character requirements
- No age limit
- if apply in Australia, the applicants must hold a substantive visa, a subclass 010 (Bridging A) visa, a subclass 020 (Bridging B) visa or a Subclass 030 (Bridging C) visa
- have substantially complied with any conditions that apply or applied to the last visa