Australia is a country of diverse cultures and diverse career opportunities. The country provides career challenge and many opportunities to anyone willing to ‘have a go’, no matter you are a profession, cook or trade skilled worker.

Employer sponsored or nominated work visas

  • If you have an employer who sponsors or nominates you a work, you may be eligible to apply for these types of visas. The employer could be either:
    • An approved Australian employer or business, the business can be an overseas business operating in Australia.
    • A state or territory government agency
    • A state or territory authority
Subclass 482 - Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS)
This visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in genuinely skilled workers where they cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.
Subclass 186 - Employer Nomination Scheme visa
This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa programme.
Subclass 494 - Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa
This program helps businesses in regional, remote or low population growth areas, to recruit the skilled workers they need to manage and grow their operations. If prospective employment is in the regional areas in Australia, applicant may be eligible to apply for regional sponsored migration schemes.

Pathways for staying in Australia by the Work Visa

Some of the above work visas are permanent visa which allow you to stay permanently in Australia but some of them are only the temporary work visas. Nevertheless, these temporary work visas open avenues for you to remain in Australia permanently. Please contact us for a consultation to discuss the options for you to stay in Australia by any of the above work visas.

Want to know more about whether You are eligible for a Work Visa ?